This course is beneficial for every parent and helps you in so many ways, to understand your emotional self which helps you become more in tune with your family
Parents’ emotional first aid will help you re-discover you!We sometimes feel that we must be the only person in the world feeling the way we feel. Parents’ emotional first aid will help you recognise that we all share similar thoughts, feelings, emotions and behaviours to varying degrees.
The course helps to create strategies for our anxieties; identify the stress factors in our everyday lives; gain a better understanding of ourselves and promote a healthier sense of our own wellbeing.
- Explore and rediscover your sense of self
- Identify early signs of emotional distress
- Recognise and understand your own emotional needs
- Understand and develop your own positive emotional health
- Explore the risks we pose to ourselves
- Develop and enhance your self esteem
- Gain strategies to manage your own emotional wellbeing
- Develop a support network with other parents
The course material is in the form of a pizza box, and each of the 6 sessions represents a slice of Emotional First Aid Pizza.
These slices are to be digested over six weeks, in six 3.5 hour sessions. The break between sessions is for reflection which is a vital ingredient of the course and to your own development.
The reflection between each session enables the participants to go over what they’ve learnt in the session, try out some ideas in their work practice over the week, and bring thoughts, feelings, reflections and new ideas back to their next session.
This reflective practice also gets us to think about our own emotional wellbeing to support us in continuing to do the work we do.